Petite is a Windows 9x/NT executable (EXE/DLL/etc...) compressor.
It allows compression of the whole executable - code, data and resources. Petite
automatically decides which parts of the executable can be compressed and which parts need
to be left as they are. The compressed output executable can be run as if it was the
original uncompressed version.
The file format of Win32 (Windows 9x/NT) executables is called the "Portable
Executable" file format, "PE" for short. Petite means "of small and
dainty build", which kind of describes the executables after they've been compressed!
And, Petite obviously begins with "PE"! Clever huh? :)
* Compresses all Win32 PE files
- including EXE, DLL, DRV etc...
* Automatic compression decision making
- decides which parts are compressable and which are not
* Resource compression
- user selectable which resource types to compress
* Section joining & Data moving
- further reduces the file size slightly
* 100% Assembler decompression code
- no noticeable delay at load time in most cases
* Virus/tampering checking
- the compressed files automatically check themselves when executed
* Command-line driven
- allows use from within compilers and makefiles