VirtualDub MSU Deinterlacer
Authors: Dr. Dmitriy Vatolin, Alexander Petrov, Maxim Kolinichenko
This filter is designed to convert interlaced video to progressive scan. Implemented algorithm interpolates missing visual information using frame motion. Special attention is paid to low-angle edges.Parameters
This filter has two checkbox parameters:
- Bottom field first - determines field ordering. Uncheck this if video looks shaky after processing.
- Double frame rate - determines frame rate. Check this if you want to double frame rate in comparison with interlaced source.
Deinterlacing algorithms comparison
Some zoomed-in samples are shown below. Our algorithm is intended to minimize negative effects of deinterlacing like image smoothing and "combing".
Frame after processing
Our algorithm was compared with a set of free deinterlacers. The results of this comparison are shown below.
Progressive source was converted to interlaced scan and processed by different deinterlacers. The result of this processing was compared with a source video using PSNR metric. Absolute values of this metric are presented on the chart above. (An arrow points to "better")
The differences between PSNR values of ELA algorithm and other deinterlacing algorithms are shown on this chart.
This chart shows relations between speed and quality of different algorithms, where speed is (FPS/FPS_ELA)
- Required VirtualDub version for this plugin is 1.9+
- Unfortunately, this filter can't be used with Avisynt via LoadVirtualdubPlugin function. The reason is that some new functions of VirtualDub API are not supported by Avisynth vdf host.
Test sequences - http://media.xiph.org/video/derf/
- nnedi3 - http://web.missouri.edu/~kes25c/nnedi3.zip
- TDeint - http://web.missouri.edu/~kes25c/TDeintv11.zip
- Smooth - http://web.missouri.edu/~kes25c/SmoothDeinterlacer_25.zip
- QTGMC - http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156028
- MCBob - http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=124676
- ELA, YADIF - built-in VirtualDub implementations.
- MSU Deinterlacer (74 КБ) Unpack this to 'plugins' folder of VirtualDub directory.
- License for non-commercial usage
|For common questions about filter's work and bug report|
|For other questions|
Server size: 8069 files, 1215Mb (Server statistics)
Project sponsored by YUVsoft Corp.
Project supported by MSU Graphics & Media Lab