You can help the project via testing a 3D device you have.
You will receive a detailed report for the device. You will also get a map of 3D-perception quality per viewing position.
What should you do to help us?
Please, write explicitly if you really don't want to publish in public the result of your device testing.
if you want to test your device.
Additional information is very pleased to achieve best testing:
- the type of equipment (i.e., a system with two projectors using linear polarization technology; 28-views autostereoscopic display using only format 2D + Z)
- the model of equipment (i.e., Philips WowVX 42")
- the screen resolution recommended by the producer (i.e., 3840×2160)
- You will receive response to the letter which will include:
- the detailed instructions how to perform the test
- the set of the test images that are designed specifically for your device
- You will need to attach special labels to the equipment. It is necessarily to determine camera position in automatic way (see for details into sent instructions).
- You will have to display test images (received from us before) in a full screen mode than you will have to take some photos of equipment from different locations.
the archive with captured photos.
(you may want to use one of the public sharing services:
Google Drive, Yandex Drive, Dropbox, etc.)
- Wait a few days and get the result of the test
- As a result — the world have become a little better!
You can contact us at: 3DDeviceTest@graphics.cs.msu.ru
The things which may be required
- The device to be tested (you need to consider how to display the test images)
- A still camera and probably tripod
- Measuring devices i.e., tape measure
- A possibility to print the black and white labels
- A double-sided sticky tape
- Spacious room with preferable size more than 5m×5m
Tips how to capture your device
- Use the professional photographic equipment
- Use a tripod to avoid blur
- Take pictures with the 2-second delay self-timer to avoid blur
- Use a large diaphragm for taking high-clarity pictures even the focus is not enough correct
- Avoid glares on the device's display during test, you may need to disable some lights
- Don't use polarizing filters while capturing