|RUSSIAN VERSION HERE!|
Selected comments for first MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 video codecs comparisonMSU Graphics & Media Lab (Video Group)
Here are some comments from the lot of letters that we receive about H.264 Video Codecs Comparison:
First of all, thanks for making it public your interesting study on codec comparison...
VISUAL TOOLS S.A.
I read your study with great interest. My understanding is that
this information is intended to be public -- I suggest sending email
about the study to the JVT experts and MP4Tech email reflectors.
Chair of JVT
I looked into your report and find it very interesting. My company is trying to implement video codecs in SW on embedded CPUs, in our case the TriMedia VLIW processor. What is relevant for us is not only the video quality that can be achieved, but also the CPU resources required to do the encoding. It would be interesting to bring this aspect into future comparisons. I.e. which encoder implements the best video quality / implementation complexity tradeoffs.
TriMedia Center of Excellence
I am Seung Hwan Kim, a senior engineer of Samsung Electronics, Korea.
I am in charge of evaluation of video codec. I have read your document
"AVC/H.264 Video Codecs Comparison". It is very helpful for me.
"MPEG4 AVC/H.264 Video Codecs Comparison", CS MSU Graphics&Media Lab, Video Group, Moscow, 11/01/2005
I got your report from the website. It is really a great job...
MultiVision Intelligent Surveillance
I am a researcher at the Boeing Company in Seattle, Washington. We have been doing some preliminary studies on a variety of video codecs including a few versions of the MPEG4 AVC and, while doing an Internet search, I discovered your excellent report. I was very impressed with the thoroughness of it ...
Thank you again for the excellent report...
The Boeing Company
7E7 Cabin Systems R&D
MSU video codecs comparisons resources:
- Introduction to Video Codecs Comparison
- Lossless Video Ñodecs Comparison 2004 (October 2004)
- MPEG-4 SP/ASP Video Codecs Comparison (March 2005)
- JPEG 2000 Image Codecs Comparison (September 2005)
- First Annual MPEG-4 AVC/ H.264 Video Codecs Comparison (January 2005)
- Second Annual MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 Video Codec Comparison (December 2005)
- Subjective Comparison of Modern Video Codecs (February 2006)
- MPEG-2 Video Decoders Comparison (May 2006)
- WMP and JPEG2000 Comparison (October 2006)
- Third Annual MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 Comparison (December 2006) (All versions for free!)
- Lossless Video Codecs Comparison 2007 (March 2007)
- Fourth Annual MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 Comparison (December 2007) (All versions for free!)
- Options Analysis of MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 Codec x264 (December 2008)
- Fifth MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 Comparison (May 2009) (All versions for free!)
- Sixth MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 Comparison (May 2010)
- Seventh MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 Comparison (May 2011)
- Eighth MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 Comparison (May 2012)
- Ninth MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 Comparison (Dec 2013)
- Tenth Video Codec Comparison (HEVC) (Oct 2015)
- Eleventh Video Codec Comparison (HEVC) (Aug 2016)
- Twelfth Video Codec Comparison (HEVC) (Aug 2017)
- Thirteen Video Codec Comparison (HEVC) (Aug 2018) (New!)
- Codec Analysis for Companies:
|Last updated: 09-September-2019|
Project updated by
Server Team and MSU Video Group
Project sponsored by YUVsoft Corp.
Project supported by MSU Graphics & Media Lab